Saturday 16 January 2016

Suvarnabhumi airport Bangkok

For the first time in more than 10 years transporting our tandem on plane it arrived in a sorry state. Our carefully taped together polythene had been completely ripped and our thick one had disappeared. John could have cried! 
John went to the toilets and I waited by the bags and the poorly tandem. After a little while, a smiling lady came to say there was a problem with my husband.. I imagined the worst!
It turned up he mistakenly walked into immigration after leaving the toilets and was "caught" without a passport (which I had). Security and immigration official were called and they wouldn't let him out!
Anyway, after much waiting all was well In the end, the smiling lady took a selfie with us (she thought we must be famous to cycle through Thailand on a tandem) and we filled a complaint form with Emirates

1 comment:

  1. Hi.., John and Nicole, hope you fine. I'm "smiling lady" in your story. ;) Nice to meet you, and I'll follow your blog to read the nice stories when you bike any place. ��

    ReplyDelete